Sunday, October 23, 2022

Mental Fitness

 Fitness does not just mean your physical body, but also your mental fitness. Keeping your mind in a good place can be a hard task, but there are some things you can do that help keep your mind "fit." One thing I like to do is juggle a soccer ball. I go to the back gym in the ARC and just juggle. It helps me take my mind off of everything and I can just focus on keeping the ball up. If you ever need to clear your mind, do a workout or go on a run, as anything exercise related can help relieve some stress and clear your mind.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the point you make here Luke. Most people believe that when they are physically active that just means their body is moving when in reality your mind is a key component to being fit. Having your mind fit is important to relieve stress, as you stated, and is a getaway for when times can get rough. Even though my body is getting fit by playing basketball, taking "clean shots" (meaning nothing but net) gets my mind working on how to accurately shoot. In addition, basketball is one of my stress relievers, as you said juggling a soccer ball is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your statement about Mental Fitness. When I am on the Rowing Machine doing a long distance it is not just the physical aspect of doing the workout it is the mental aspect too. That is when I row better times my body may hurt but my mind tells me to push on. That goes for any race you are in. Also after I finish my workout my mind has less stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on this topic. I understand because I do the same thing when Im stressed out I will go workout and then when Im done my mind is at like peace. It was very interesting to see someone post about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with your statement about mental fitness. I think what splits the difference between athletes are the ones who can not only physically push themselves past there limits but mental tell oneself that they can do it. I have noticed recently when I go on longer runs and want to stop that I mentally push myself to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Luke! I never really thought about keeping my mind fit. After reading your blog post, I now have so much more knowledge on the importance of keeping one's mind fit. I feel like my mind is always in a million places and need to have a more clear mindset. I personally do not do many exercises to keep my mind fit, but now would like to do more to keep a positive and sharp mind. Great blog post Luke!

    ReplyDelete

Recovery Days

 One thing I have always enjoyed were rest days. Days where I did nothing physical and just had an overall relaxing, lazy day. However, I ha...